The Hunt Museum is located in Limerick City, Ireland. The museum was founded by John and Gertrude Hunt to house their internationally important collection of art and antiquities. It also exhibits the work of local, national and international artists and promotes education and cultural activities.
John Hunt and his wife Gertrude were antique dealers and collectors of art and antiquities. During their lifetime they built up a collection of approximately 2,000 works of art and antiquities. In 1974 the Hunt Museum Trust was established and the collection was displayed at Craggaunowen near Limerick City. In 1978 the Hunt Museum moved to what is now the University of Limerick. The Hunt Museum moved to its permanent home in the Customs House in Limerick city in 1997.
John Hunt, who with his wife Gertrude established the Hunt Museum in Limerick City, was born in the year 1900 On This Day.PUBLIC ART AT THE HUNT MUSEUM
PARK BEHIND THE HUNT MUSEUM
Letter fron the Hunt Museum to the School